The UAD Services API allows integration of the Knowledge Marketing UAD Services tools into your applications. This page provides
a complete list of the available API methods, with a summary for each. Click on the method name to view examples and detail.
Quick Tips for Initial Implementation
- To use the UAD Services API, you will need to contact your Platform Services Specialist for an API Access Key.
- GET: Use this type of method when you want to retrieve an object and you know its ID
- GET or POST for Search: Use either GET or POST when you want to return an object or a list of objects by passing in a query
- POST: Use this type of method when you want to add an object
- PUT: Use this type of method when you want to update an existing object and you know its ID
- DELETE: Use this type of method when you want to delete and existing object and you know its ID
- When implementing calls to the UAD Services API you will want to write your application so that it observes the supplied list of Status Codes that can be found here.
Unrecognized properties passed as input are ignored.. In order to allow extensibility, RESTful web-service are designed to ignore unrecognized properties
of input (as long as the remaining -recognized- input forms a valid request).
This architecture allows for extensibility by allowing Knowledge Marketing to add features without the need to version all existing services or update all existing client
implementations, a pain point typically associated with adding features to SOAP and other web-service technologies that more strictly parse request messages.
This flexibility, means it is very important to understand the available input to --and default behaviour of-- any RESTful web-method you are invoking.